Web Applications Developer
Due to continued growth within our team, TravelTime are now looking for a Web Applications Developer to build and support client facing web applications on the TravelTime platform.
Who we are.
TravelTime is an API and set of plugins which enable users to search location data using minutes rather than miles. It's used on websites to search and filter location data or added as a data layer for GIS analytics.
TravelTime Search is our product targeted at companies that offer a location-based search to their users, for example sites dedicated to finding a home, a new job, a hotel, or nearby retail store.
Our Analytics offering helps business intelligence teams, which have a geographic element to their requirement, make better decisions with this data, such as areas within public services, office relocations, sales territories, and much more.
You can see our technology at work in our demo app here, or on a live client site here.
Who you are.
You are a smart, technically minded, and proactive Mid-Level Developer who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and can pick things up quickly. You have commercial experience with an ability to debug and understand issues in a full stack environment, including applications that work with API’s.
This role would ideally suit a professional with great interpersonal and communication skills who enjoys learning and keeps abreast of technical knowledge and trends.
In addition, you will have:
- Experience with React, React.js, Next JS or similar framework.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Good written and spoken English language skills.
- Experience with statically typed languages like Typescript, Java.
- Understanding of RESTful Web Services.
- Understanding of basic UI/UX design principles.
- An interest in technology and keen to learn more.
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Experience of working with functional programming or Scala.
- Familiarity with Docker.
- Knowledge of Webflow builder.
- Knowledge of GitHub.
- Experience working within Agile / Scrum methodologies.
- Understanding of Redux architecture.
What we offer:
The TravelTime Culture - where work/life balance gets more than lip-service.
Flexitime - At TravelTime we strive to be an organization who empower employees to be judged by their output, not their hours. We work based on autonomy and trust. We set and measure objectives, both individual and team based, which we believe creates better output than working to rigid leave patterns.
People First - At TravelTime we focus on the People Agenda and are proud that our colleagues and managers support our staff to be the best that they can be with structured CPD’s and training budgets with Friday afternoons dedicated to personal development projects.
Other TravelTime benefits
- Share Options.
- Gym Membership/Self Improvement Budget.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Learning and Development Platform Licenses.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- An extra day off for your birthday, on us!
- Opportunity to work remotely with laptop and personal office equipment provided.
- We still have offices available, for staff who prefer to work away from home.
- Company-sponsored lunches, away days and celebrations with whole Company team gatherings in our Kaunas (Lithuania) office up to 3 times a year.
- Dynamic, fun, entrepreneurial work environment.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be part of our talented team, we would love to hear from you. Applications should include a CV and covering letter.