Technical Pre-Sales Engineer
Location: Majority remote but ideally within 2 hours commute of London
A truly unique opportunity has arisen for a Technical Pre-Sales Engineer to support our sales teams in winning transformational clients by leading all technical aspects of the sales cycle, working to uncover customer requirements, and shaping solutions to solve their business needs.
Who you are
You are a self driven sales professional with an inquisitive nature and a solid understanding of how different technologies work. Confident speaking to all kinds of people, you have the ability to build rapport very quickly and can bring people along on a journey as an ambassador for TravelTime’s products, services, technologies and culture.
This role may suit a B2B pre-sales/sales professional with a developer or infrastructure background or even a technical recruitment consultant, wanting to use their knowledge for a change of career. If you have a broad and shallow technical awareness, can confidently communicate to developers/technical audiences how solutions work, and identify areas in which a product or service can create value for a customer, then we want to hear from you!
- Experience demonstrating and explaining software solutions to both commercial and technical audiences.
- Ability to quickly understand a client’s technical requirements, and how a potential solution could fit in.
- Proven experience in building relationships, developing trust, and exhibiting closing skill.
- Experience in participating in technical workshops, discovery sessions, and product onboarding.
- Ability to discover and engage the entire buying group.
- Hands-on experience of working with technology in a commercial environment.
- An understanding of some of the principles of computer science and programming, without needing to be able to write production-level code.
Who we are
TravelTime is an API and set of plugins which enable users to search location data using minutes rather than miles. It's used on websites to search and filter location data or added as a data layer for GIS analytics.
TravelTime Search is our product targeted at companies that offer a location based search to their users, for example sites dedicated to finding a home, a new job, a hotel or nearby retail store.
Our Analytics offering helps business intelligence teams, which have a geographic element to their requirement, make better decisions with this data, such as areas within reach of public services, office relocations, sales territories, and much more.
You can see our technology at work in our demo app here, or on a live client site here.
The TravelTime Culture - where work/life balance gets more than lip-service.
Flexitime - At TravelTime we strive to be an organisation who empower employees to be judged by their output, not their hours. We set and measure objectives, both individual and team based, which we believe creates better output than working to rigid leave patterns.
People First - At TravelTime we focus on the People Agenda and are proud that our colleagues and managers support our staff to be the best that they can be with structured CPD’s and training budgets with Friday afternoons dedicated to personal development projects.
- Share options.
- Gym membership/Self improvement budget.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Weekly wellbeing programme.
- Learning and development platform licences.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- An extra day off for your birthday, on us!
- Opportunity to work remotely with laptop and personal office equipment provided.
- We still have offices available, for staff who prefer to work away from home.
- Company-sponsored lunches, away days and celebrations with team gatherings in our Kaunas (Lithuania) office up to 3 times a year.
- Dynamic, fun, entrepreneurial work environment – we aren’t afraid of hard work, and we are passionate about what we do
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be part of our talented team, we would love to hear from you.