Software Engineers (Research & Development)
Due to continued growth within our team, TravelTime are now looking for R&D Software Engineers to create and support features within the TravelTime API.
Who we are.
TravelTime is a company offering time and location-based services via an API and a set of plugins, which enable users to search location data using minutes rather than miles. It's used on websites to search and filter location data or added as a data layer for GIS analytics.
TravelTime Search is our product targeted at companies that offer a location-based search to their users, for example sites dedicated to finding a home, a new job, a hotel, or nearby retail store.
Our Analytics offering helps business intelligence teams, which have a geographic element to their requirement, make better decisions with this data, such as areas within public services, office relocations, sales territories, and much more.
You can see our technology at work in our demo app here, or on a live client site here.
Who you are.
You are a skilled and proactive Software Engineer who is comfortable working in an environment focused on high performance and high scalability systems. With previous commercial experience and an ability to research academic papers you are able to work independently within a team environment.
- Excellent Scala knowledge.
- Algorithmic engineering knowledge.
- Knowledge of low-level optimisation.
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills, with a high attention to detail.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- An enthusiasm for learning and keeping abreast of technical knowledge and trends.
- Good written and spoken English language skills.
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Experience with functional programming
- Familiarity with JVM.
- Knowledge of Git.
What we offer:
The TravelTime Culture - where work/life balance gets more than lip-service.
At TravelTime we strive to be an organisation who empower employees to be judged by their output, not their hours. We work based on autonomy and trust. We set and measure objectives, both individual and team based, which we believe creates better output than working to rigid leave patterns.
- At TravelTime we focus on the People Agenda and are proud that our colleagues and managers support our staff to be the best that they can be with structured CPD’s and training budgets with Friday afternoons dedicated to personal development projects.
Other TravelTime benefits
- Share Options.
- Gym Membership/Self Improvement Budget.
- Learning and Development Platform Licences.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- An extra day off for your birthday, on us!
- Opportunity to work remotely with laptop and personal office equipment provided.
- We still have offices available, for staff who prefer to work away from home.
- Company-sponsored lunches, away days and celebrations with whole Company team gatherings in our Kaunas (Lithuania) office up to 3 times a year.
- Dynamic, fun, entrepreneurial work environment.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be part of our talented team, we would love to hear from you. Applications should include a CV and covering letter.