Functional programming (Scala) internship
Kaunas, Kauno miestas, LithuaniaTechnical
- Learn back-end programming with Scala. It’s an FP-OOP language, used in companies such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Wix, to name a few. Some call it theBetter Java. We really like it.
- Work on real projects with an experienced mentor;
- Help us fix our stuff. We have so much work! If you’re good – you’re hired;
- Learn to use contemporary code version control on GitHub;
- Have your code reviewed by some really smart people;
- Fix real problems that you’d face while working as a developer, not just dry theoretical tasks;
- Learn working on modern-day distributed systems using Docker, Kubernetes etc.;
- Experience the best Slack memes this side of the Mississippi;
- Work in an international team.
- Code that is easy to reason about;
- Programs that don’t break when you refactor them;
- Testable code that is easy to maintain;
- Bulletproof programs that don’t fall over for unexplainable reasons;
- Never again experience the pain of a null pointer exception.
Where: our office is in central Kaunas. We would like to see you there at least a few times a week. But we’re flexible and remote friendly.
How long: 320 hours, either full-time over 2 months, or spread out over up to 5 months. We’re pretty flexible.
How to get in: after a screening call you’ll get an assignment to complete in order to show us how you think, we will have a technical interview afterwards to see if we’re a fit.
Who we are: a small and dynamic tech-company developing a feature-rich location search API for other businesses. The API lets users search, map or visualise where’s reachable within a travel time limit. Learn more at www.traveltime.com.
- Have good working knowledge of English;
- Have great communication skills;
- Prefer to learn a few principles instead of dozens of rules or patterns;
- In class, you would be the one who reasoned out the answer.