Business Development Manager
London, United Kingdom£50,000 - £50,000 per yearSales
At TravelTime we believe transport data has the power to change the world. Every time we search for a job, new house, or place to go on holiday, we see distances listed alongside search results e.g. “0.8 miles away from city centre”. This information is completely abstract and assumes we can travel in a straight line. It also doesn’t consider local transport links, congestion or local geography.
Consumer websites use distance instead of time because this data can be incredibly expensive at scale. If they used Google to calculate these times, they’d be charged for every single search result, which isn’t cost effective. What’s more, it would slow their site down massively.
That’s where TravelTime comes in – we can calculate hundreds of thousands of travel times simultaneously in the blink of an eye for one fixed annual cost. This patented tech has unlimited market opportunities and is already used by advertisers, real estate, travel and more. Here’s a few clients:
- Totaljobs filters jobs to candidates based on how long their commute would be.
- Rightmove recommends areas for house hunters to explore based on commute times to the office.
- The NHS matches users with their nearest surgery or healthcare provider using travel times.
We’re VC backed, growth driven and dedicated to providing a great work-life balance.
What the job involves:
- Your role as a Business Development Manager is multifaceted, involving prospecting, relationship-building, strategic planning, negotiation, and market analysis – all geared toward propelling our company's success and fostering sustainable growth.
- As a Business Development Manager, your daily routine centers on fueling our organization's growth and nurturing vital relationships. Each day, you begin by reviewing your sales targets and pipeline, ensuring a clear grasp of your objectives and tasks.
- Your primary focus involves identifying and engaging with potential clients, which may entail prospecting leads, attending networking events, as well as initiating contact through various means and nurturing professional relationships.
- Additionally, you'll consistently analyze market trends and monitor competitor activities, enabling you to adapt and enhance our sales approach.
- Building and sustaining relationships with new clients is a paramount aspect of your role, as you schedule meetings, understand their needs, and propose tailored solutions. You'll also negotiate contracts, necessitating strong negotiation skills and a profound understanding of our products or services.
- At least 5 years’ experience selling B2B technology to Product Teams and C-level executives.
- Proven ability of generating own pipeline through outbound efforts.
- Ability to perform in a small, fast-growing business.
- Superb communication and negotiation skills.
- Sensitivity to commercial and cultural differences across continents.
- Insight on the current tech landscape and ability to rapidly understand and explain new technologies and their potential impact on clients.
- Ability to work autonomously and manage your own time as well as being a team player.
- Strong organisational skills to manage leads, meetings, and sales processes efficiently.
It’s a bonus if:
- You are proficient in another European language, ideally German.
- You don’t need to have experience working for an API-First or location data company, but it should be something that interests you.
What we offer:
The TravelTime Culture - where work/life balance gets more than lip-service.
- Flexible Working - At TravelTime we strive to be an organisation who empower employees to be judged by their output, not their hours. We work on the basis of autonomy and trust. We set and measure objectives, both individual and team based, which we believe creates better output than working to rigid leave patterns.
- People First - At TravelTime we focus on the People Agenda and are proud that our colleagues and managers support our staff to be the best that they can be with structured CPD’s and training budgets.
Other TravelTime benefits:
- Share Options
- Gym Membership
- Self Improvement Budget
- Cycle to work scheme
- Learning and Development Platform Licenses
- A day off on your Birthday
- Company-sponsored lunches, away days and celebrations with team gatherings in our Kaunas (Lithuania) office up to 3 times a year
- Dynamic, fun, entrepreneurial work environment
- The opportunity to further your career with a company that strongly believes in organic growth
Salary: £50k per annum + OTE (Uncapped)
This is a hybrid role - you will be working in our London office Tuesdays & Thursdays
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be part of our talented team, we would love to hear from you
Applications should include a CV and covering letter